Friday 24 June 2011

You said "Pitch", right?

So, pitch can mean many things, but one of the many is musical. As I love music as much as if not more than books, and as it's an open secret that I would have been Jack White if it weren't for the fact I can't string two notes together and someone else got there first, here's the thing. I won't tell you what my books are about. You can read that elsewhere.

Anyway, because it's Glasto time and when I look at the shops full of festival wellies I really really wish I was there, and then I realise they're wellies and I'm quite glad I'm watching on TV, but anyway, this is my own personal literary pyramid stage.

These are pitches with a difference. Three songs per book that taken together pretty much give the feel of the book exactly. Like that feel and I almost guarantee you'll like the book. Don't like the music and that's no guarantee you won't love the book, of course. Links are to Kindle editions - remember, you don't need a Kindle to read Kindle books - simply download the free Kindle aopp on the book's page and in about 30 seconds you can read Kindle books on your iphone, Android, Mac orPC

Black Heart High
Kindle .com
Kindle UK




The Company of Fellows
Kindle .com
Kindle UK






Songs from the Other Side of the Wall
Kindle .com
Kindle UK






The Man Who Painted Agnieszka's Shoes
Kindle .com
Kindle UK





(life:) razorblades included
Kindle .com
Kindle UK


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic concept & pitch Dan. Love it!

    Can't wait to steal it, but first to Kindle & beyond!

    marc nash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your 30 day song challenge so I can't wait to hear your pitches! You *have* to have Girls and Boys for A, B & E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blur appear on my blog? NEVER! Essex Cockney wannabees.Us Capitalists are quite sensitive about that sort of thing ya get me?

    (Hope Sarah M doesn't read this)

    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great post; I may also steal it...!

    I've always loved that cover of Jolene. And the Come To Daddy video is a masterpiece itself.

    And I just knew you'd be a Blood Red Shoes fan too. Have you seen them live? Seen them a couple of times; great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marc, I meant the Melanie Pain cover, of course - look it out, it's seriously smooth :) And to me Blur is just what our local cheesemaker does in his spare time :)

    James, no, and bugger it I saw they were at the Roundhouse on Wednesday and don't have any more UK gigs lined up - but I'll keep my eyes open. I'd love to see them live - I only found them, needless to say, through The Kills, but they're very different- much more London sound, and very good. Come to Daddy is one of those things that was everywhere when I was doing my Masters - in all the controversy I'd forgotten till I wastched it for this just how good the music was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific idea for a post! I put up my playlist for my MG/YA novel Life Form 3, but I haven't yet done it for My Memories of a Future Life. And How Soon Is Now... adore that. Before I knew what it was called I tried to hum it to a record shop owner to identify it. He never got it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roz, I can't wait to see what you come up with for Memories - I imagine there will have to be some Satie in there

    ReplyDelete