Monday 27 June 2011

Petals

Pieces of broken bodies fall around me

Like funeral petals

Fallout from friendships

Faced with the nuclear option of my madness

I gouge through gobs of flesh

That were once lips dribbling easy promises

Scouring for something so solid

As a splinter of bone to support my soul

I laughed and you loved it

And then I laughed too much and in the wrong places

And I could not stop

I cried and you loved it

And then I cried too much and in the wrong places

And I could not stop

Down I dig through gristle hair and teeth

Scratching at sinew for a single fingerhold of empathy

There is a solid something

Somewhere

There is a neon dawn a strobing sunrise

Somewhere

There is a noise that is not the scraping of my skull

Somewhere

But not here

6 comments:

  1. such a sad poem, but beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line's a heart-stopper. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very helpful for me. Maintain sharing such ideas sooner or later as well. This was actually what I used to be looking for, and I am glad to got here right here! Thanks for sharing the such info with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really love the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here!

    ReplyDelete