Saturday 14 December 2013

spi cover draft 10

Now available for Kindle in the UK for £1.88 and in the US for $2.99 as well as in all other Amazon territories
The perfect Christmas present for anyone whose New Year's resolution is to self-publish in 2014. Or even to start writing something they want to self-publish in 2015.

So it's here! After more than four years in the making, this is my contribution to the how-to-self-publish canon, filling a gap where a book is both needed and allows me to bring together the various pieces of my own particualr take on this fabulous, mad, messy new world we find ourselves in the midst of.
This is a book about how to find out what really matters to you in your writing, and then to achieve it, steering the treacherous path of helpful advice, books, blogs, and setbacks that are as able to send you steaming in the opposite direction as speeding to your goal. I've drawn on my years of experience and the many mistakes I've made, allowing myself to get carried away and as a result carried wildly off course, only to wonder why I seem to be "succeeding" but feel, deep down, anything but a success.
What I want most from this book is for it to give you the confidence to be who you are. Each writer is unique, and their writing means something different to each of them, so any rigid "do this, do that" guide has to be taken with bioblical portions of salt, which is why this is not a book that seeks to tell you what to do, but rather a book that helpd you to listen to the most important voice of all: your own, and to use that voice, so often drowned out on the journey, as the steady compass by which to steer you course through a long, rewarding life of writing that is a success in the only terms that matter: yours.
This list of chapter titles will give you a flavour of the book.
1. The Pressure to “Succeed”
2. Why Do You Write?
3. Is Self-publishing Right for You?
4. Never be afraid to be you
5. Dealing With Self-Doubt
6. Dealing With Self-Belief
7. Handling Praise
8. Producing Your Book: Picking the Right Partners
9. Building a community
10. The Whites of Their Eyes: Giving Great Readings
11. The Long Haul

24 comments:

  1. The very best of luck with this, Dan - it's much needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about to tell you about buy footwear for men UK? The constantly changing fashionable take on buy footwear for men UK demonstrates the depth of the subject. Indispensable to homosapians today, there are just not enough blues songs written about buy footwear for men UK. It still has the power to shock the over 50, many of whom blame the influence of television. In the light of this I will break down the issues in order to give each of them the thought that they fully deserve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what people thought when they saw some chap lining his wholesale shoes for men up to take a photo of them. Since getting a job out of uni I have also caught the shoe bug. Although, it some pales in comparison to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that 7. Handling Praise chapter, because in Germany it means: großhandel für wiederverkäufer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your informative writing. Get 30%-70% Discount from FZillion.com on all branded Men's Shoes.
    USA Free shipping and free return. 75 days Return Policy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaming personal computers are not as challenging as you may perhaps assume, and doing your own gaming personal pc isn�t as challenging as a lot of persons would make you consider. Seeing that you previously have a distinct software in thoughts when building your very own gaming device, there are actually only three principal parts you have to have to feel concerned about, and every little thing else is truly secondary: the processor, movie card, and RAM. why not look here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would really love to guest post on your blog.*~`~; navigate to these guys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post. and you Nice used words in this article and beautifully post it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I apply more and more of these insights to my daily life I can see how your education has transformed you into a top expert in this industry. I talked about these very points to my professor today and she couldn’t argue any of these points. After seeing this I know I will not be the same. Be cool if you were close to me so we could hang. I don’t know why but this site takes almost a minute to fully load on my friends laptop. Reading your content is way better than snuggles.

    야동

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good web site! I really love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified when a new post has been made 출장안마. I have subscribed to your RSS feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard of him before, but after watching his documentary “healing spell” I was turned on to the full story about Dr Ikpeajie. He is a man who has the Cure for AIDS,Cancer, Sickle Cell, Herpes,warts,HPV,ALS Diabetes and every kind of illness, through a whole foods vegetarian diet and natural herbs, what he calls Electric Foods. He went to herbal school college, and has thousands of testimonials of healing people with Herpes, HIV AIDS, and HPV several other illnesses. Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes of TLC was cured of Herpes by him and she was so moved by his knowledge that she went on to spread the word about him in every way she could. She also opened a Cultural/Healing Center for Children in USA before she passed away tragically. This all inspired me that i had to contact Dr Ikpeajie, because i was having Herpes which could not be cure but was only managed, when i contacted Dr Ikpeajie, he sent me some herbs which i took, and now i can tell you, i have be totally cured of Herpes, My Name is chas, I am from the hartford, Please if you have any form of illness especially STD,Infertility,HIV etc. you can contact him immediately through his Email: drikpeajieherbalhome@yahoo.com or : whatsapp :+254778109549

    ReplyDelete

  13. Thanks for sharing valuable information. It's a very helpful article.
    AWS

    ReplyDelete